Sunday 31 July 2016

Retro Home Decor


Hello everyone, gee it's been a while. Sorry I have not written in an extremely long time and it may have seemed as if I have dropped off the face of the planet. But I am indeed back and posting again every sunday from this point onwards, YAY. 

Anyway, today I wanted to share with you all some items that live in our house that have been passed down from generations. In other words, here are some of our retro belongings that we use as home decor. Enjoy! 

Old Records


My parents were big vinyl collecters back in the day, which have resulted in our family owning a cabinets worth of aged records. These are just some of my favourites from the lot including legendary titles such as, INXS, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, The Beatles, and Violent Femmes.


I wouldn't necessarily call these home decor items sitting in a cabinet going unnoticed by guests, so I do intend on using the covers for a DIY project. The covers are so unique and decorative so I figure if they are on display they will add a very retro and vintage vibe. I am also looking into purchasing a record player, seeing as our old one broke a while back. If you have any suggestions let me know!

Typewriter & Telephone


The final two items I will be talking about are our rotary dial telephone and our old-fashioned typewriter. 


We own two of these 1970s style telephones and have them on displayed on our mantle pieces. Our house is very old and even though it has been done up we still like to keep an old-fashioned feel to it. I feel as though these rotary dial telephones defiantly contribute to a vintage effect in a modern context. 


Last but certainly not least is our fluorescent orange typewriter. This is probably my favourite from the lot and you may have seen it featured in some of my posts. It currently lives on my desk and still works perfectly fine besides the fact it has nearly run out of ink haha. This was passed down from my Grandfather and has been well loved from day one. Much like the telephone, it contributes to the vintage effect of our house or more specifically my room.


I hope you enjoyed this post and if you do own any old-fashioned items similar to these then I encourage you to display them and let them flourish again. Thanks for reading!

Love, Izzy



Share:

2 comments

  1. I love retro items, like these, and especially love the typewriter! I love that it actually works and not just for display; it's making me want to look into buying one of my own! Glad you're back blogging again, can't wait to read all your posts every Sunday! :) Georgia xxx

    georgieblue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, it means a lot. I love my typewriter and if you are looking into getting one then I would definitely recommend investing in one, they are great! Thanks again, Izzy xx

      Delete

© Izzy Platt | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig